Monday, February 21, 2011

The Temple.


Jason and I scheduled our sealing at the temple and I arranged the time for my endowment session as well. I know that most every LDS couple has the opportunity to do this but I am just so darn excited for my own personal experience! In preparation I have been reading several great things.

Your Endowment -by Mark A. Shields. It has such an awesome way of displaying coherent steps that need to be taken in order to make the most out of your first experience. I have read this during my spare time. And in microbiology lecture when I have been bored. :) Its really been a great set your mind straight kinda book. Even if its amidst the college atmosphere.

The Holy Temple- by Boyd K. Packer. Of course this is a must, says everyone whose read it. I haven't read this one as much lately. I'm saving it until I'm done with the other, but Kaylee has been reading it. Which is cool. Shes keeps saying "I'm so excited for when I get to go." :)
-A special thanks to my brother Stevie who is lending it to me.

Endowed From on High-Student Manual. Im not taking the class for the lack of actual classes available for it. Haha BUT I decided.. why not read over the manual on my own? I started it last night. Its really interesting how much you can learn from stuff you thought you already knew by reading different views on it. I know this little booky thingy will teach me lots and lots!

Developing Eternal Marriage- Student Manual. For the same reason as the last, Jason and I have been doing our own little class together. Its been a huge blessing to our relationship. I didn't know that there was so much stuff to work on in the couple world! Well, better that I start learning now then later.

Deseret Book should thank me for my advertisement. Nah jk. I know that all of these books will help me to be ready for when this special time comes, but The Book of Mormon will always be my most beneficial aide. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some really good books! I think it is great that you are working so hard to be as ready as possible for these life transitions you will shortly be making.

    ReplyDelete